Good-bye Wellington Winter - HELLO CALIFORNIA SUNSHINE!!!
Our adventure started at 4:20am on a cold Wellington morning... three suitcases checked in, one major good-bye, two planes, 100's of loom bands and 14 hours of movies and games later we arrived at our destination on the same day -
Tuesday, July 8, 2014!
Not wanting to waste any time, we quickly made ourselves at home in my folk's house...
and neighbourhood with a trip to the pool where these cuzzies made countless jumps into the refreshing water during our three weeks together!!!
Matt's family also dropped by to welcome us home and encourage me to get some sun... notice I use SPF 30-45 in NZ which leaves me, well, much fairer than my Californian siblings (also in my defence, it is winter in NZ).
Hunter jumped right into his wii formation - eventually creating the stamina to play for up to 5 hours at a time by the end of the holiday... oh my!!!
After a quick trip to Trader Joe's I found Helena just outside mom's door lying in the grass fast asleep after trying to stay awake for these 24 hours... even her energy levels have limits!!!
By 6:00 pm I'd had it too! I helped bathe the kids and set up their beds, but I told my dad that as soon as I got out of the shower, I would be asleep so I left him in charge of teeth brushing, story time and tucking in... and by 7:00 pm all three of us were fast asleep... until 14 hours later when we awoke to Day 2!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment