Tuesday 22 July was mom's birthday!!! YAY!!! I woke up to my two little room buddies asleep nearby... but thankfully I was going to wake up the next morning next to just one!
In Orange County, we did a few errands and then went our separate ways for 2 nights...
YAHOO!!!
So the kids spent most of the 22nd with their grandparents and other family members at one of our favourite Orange County beaches - San Clemente. It was their first/only full day at the beach - and they LOVED it!
Janel and her kids came up...
Amber and a bunch of Seaside friends went down...
My beautiful mom
I was told Helena was the first in the mud pit and absolutely fearless - looks like a lot of really filthy fun!
The Birthday Girl with her favourite guy!!!
Another family tradition - ice cream after a hot day at the beach!
Of course the kids enjoyed their time so much because there were lots of snacks involved!!! Nah... the main thing was just being with their cousins and grandparents (without me hovering about).
MEANWHILE... on the 22nd in Los Angeles County...
Reunited!!!
We had an absolute blast at the Santa Monica pier... we walked in the sand hand in hand with nobody besides ourselves to think about - it was... bliss!!!
We sat outside in the sunny summer evening catching up and dreaming about how we could make this a reality someday...
And like all couples who haven't seen each other in almost two weeks, we woke up at 5:30 in the morning and decided to do something crazy - we went spinning!!! Yep... how romantic! We'd passed the Soul Cycle gym the night before and popped in to see what it was about and they gave us two free passes! The Clark's don't pass up free exercise so...
We started our morning with about 70 other crazies in a candlelit room sweating - it was a great way to start the day...
By 7:45am Tony was dressed and ready for a day at work... after a surprisingly healthy breakfast from Starbucks we said good-bye and I found myself with a whole day all to myself. First thing I did was called mom to invite them over for the day and she asked, "What are you doing up so early?" She then told me all about the plans she had for the kids that day and persuaded me to spend the day and another night in Santa Monica...
So - twist my rubber arm!!!
To start, I hit the farmer's market, sat on the balcony with my Bible and some sun, then went on a mission for sunblock at Whole Foods... as I wandered I found a TJ Maxx and in true Ambrose style, I spent a couple hours just looking around... who am I kidding - I walked out with a bag full of new stuff to fill the drawers at home I cleared out before I left... plus a couple of things for Tony.
MEANWHILE... In Orange County...
The kids missed the free movie at Triangle Square because Helena forgot her shoes at home - but since Grandma got them in the movie mode she had to deliver something - so it was Planes (for Hunter's 2nd time).
After another lunch at the great-grandparent's house, they did some more bonding over wii and the pool and maybe even another sleepover in the lounge.
Tony and I had a lovely evening with some of the NZ team in Pacific Palisades...
Good night, LA!
And Good-Morning...
Another big day at work for Tony... and another morning around the beach for me...
Well, I didn't stay long - just long enough to give away a pair of shoes and admire the sunshine.
This is for Helena...




No comments:
Post a Comment