When I'd asked the kids what they wanted to do in California before we came, besides the obvious LEGOland, beach and pool - they wanted to visit Aunt Amber at Hurley and Uncle Matt at the Fire Station! So on Tuesday, July 14 we made that happen!
Aunt Amber gave us the Hurley tour where we met her colleagues and some potential connections for our friends in NZ.
We even stopped by to see Dane in Hurley Digital - thankfully the displays reset themselves every half hour since the kids tried to search for their own interest on the iPads... Thanks for being so patient!
Ten minutes away, Uncle Matt was at Station 2 - his regular station. We had about twenty minutes before the Chief came so he introduced us to the guys and let the kids test out the engine.
The Fire Station visit is always a highlight for these kids... thanks, Uncle Matt!
Before we left NZ, Grandad gave each of the kids a US$20 dollar bill to spend on whatever they wanted to. Well, those $20 bills were seriously burning a hole in their pockets so we set out to make the purchases...
At the American Girl Place, Helena had seen a toy horse which she was convinced she wanted! Thankfully Aunt Tori told me that something similar could be found at Target... so I put my personal shopper (aka Dad) to work and he found this - which she affectionately named Janel! Helena's $20 went toward this rather large horse that she and her baby can play with! Thanks Grandad and Grandpa!
Of course Hunter knew what he wanted - something Lego themed... so we popped by Target and voila! This Hero Factory set was on sale for $25 - which was perfect because Hunter had an extra $7 from his birthday just waiting to be spent... so there you have it! Thanks Grandad - the perfect gift for a Lego crazy 7 year old!!!
Not surprisingly I was barely able to drag Hunter away from his building mode as he absolutely did not want to go out to dinner with us. I did tell him that I guaranteed 99.8% that he would have a fantastic night and if he didn't I would let him spend the whole next day building Lego without interruption...
So with that, we went over to the Todd's house for another wonderful evening of food and friendship... this time mom came along too (unfortunately, dad was feeling unwell) - so it was 3 generations of both Belikoff's and Ambrose's! What a fun night - and I must say - Hunter was gushing at the end of the night about how much fun he'd had with Tatianna and Delaney... and Mr Bob!
And lucky me... Anissia had cleaned out her closet and I had first dibs!! Thanks heaps!
Ahhhh... they are so cute... little buddies over time and space!
Same place, same folks - 2012!!!
Two of the four, 2009... I love that we've been able to meet up every time we can... who knows - maybe one day we'll be able to show them our neck of the woods!

No comments:
Post a Comment