Saturday, 26 July 2014

10 out of 12, Eldest and Youngest, and The Power of ZERO

On Sunday 20 July we went to another good service at Seaside Community Church where Michael Bishoff shared an insightful message from the book of Judges and the kids loved being at the CAMP with Grandma, Aunt Amber and Uncle Jason. 

Mom took us to the mall to update Helena's wardrobe while I picked up a couple essentials before we met back up with Dad and Hunter at the grandparent's home. Grandma and Grandpa host a birthday dinner for each of their kids - sometimes there are a couple combinations, so this weekend we celebrated Uncle Steve, my Dad and my Mom! The cool thing was that 10 out of the 12 siblings were there (unfortunately Uncle John & Aunt Monica were on holiday) so I got to see the majority of my aunties and uncles. 











During this trip we've been able to see 13 out of 25 cousins - including the eldest (Denise) and youngest (Marcus)... I love being able to hear what everyone's been up to and spend time creating new memories!


 And the fourth generation keeps expanding - I'm always having to ask who is who and whose is whose...
 Helena was having fun with Corrie's son Parker... what a cutie!

Brian and Miette made the trip over from Long Beach - thanks heaps, Cuzz! It's always great to catch up!

After the majority of the littlies left, we settled in for a couple hands of the family favourite - Oh Heck! As the three generations have slightly different strategies for playing, we laughed a lot... but I must gloat - I WON!!! HA! But I got a lot of flack as I never bid on any of the hands... I always bid Zero! Chicken, yes... but I won!! Oh yeah!






Thanks everyone for such a fun afternoon of family goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment