It is an annual tradition among the Ambrose's and Sides' to visit a pumpkin patch at some stage in the month of October... mostly because the kids looked so cute next to those big orange pumpkins when they were toddlers. Well, pumpkin patches are big money making places these days with all sorts of attractions, because let's face it, most Americans I know don't know what to do with a pumpkin other than cut it up into a jack-o-lantern.
Our first visit was during the day time on a Saturday. We'd been to Long Beach to collect our half marathon stuff and Mom knew of a place along PCH... Attractions galore, alright! But it cost quite a bit so I gave each child 5 tickets and we had a lesson in subtraction. HA!
Unfortunately, my camera ran out of battery power this afternoon... but I did catch Helena on her pony ride (that was 3 tickets which left her with limited options... but she found the 2 ticket train ride interesting since she sat in the front and rang the bell!)
And yes, it was still hot... needless to say when their 5 tickets were used up - we left!
The main pumpkin patch event was our last full night... what a fun way to end the trip... in theory. Kids going to bed at 9pm the night before they were going on a 20 hour trip was not the best idea... I hope I remember that for next time. Anyway - they had a blast with their cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents...
Lighting conditions and time of night made getting one of those cute photos with the big orange pumpkins nigh impossible... though I did manage to capture the process of what I hope somebody else's camera managed to capture.
So though we did get the traditional photos - or at least attempted to - the main draw for the kids were these amazing 'bouncy' slides....
Okay, I admit, this one is at the wrong orientation, however this "Titanic" Iceberg Challenge was so amazing!!! First they had to climb up a wave, then jump down an iceberg... crawl through some life rings... climb up the Titanic to the top where they then slid down at a 45degree angle... and then do it again!!! THEY LOVED IT!!! Absolutely! Too bad it was more than 5 tickets per pop! And though I don't usually fall for the emotional sell, I did give the kids more money than I'd planned because all of them were just having so much fun together!!!
Yahoooey!!!
Would people in NZ pay to play somewhere like this?!? These are the questions Tony and I always wonder about when we visit California... hmmmmm, could we bring it?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment