Friday, 26 October 2012

C is for California Cousins

For a bit of context, we travelled to California while Tony was on a business trip - but he got to spend ten days with us sandwiched between a trip to Washington DC and Europe (his photos will get posted later... much later, but don't fret, there will be some visuals of his travels too). So the kids and I had a week to settle in... then 10 days with daddy... then another 10 days of California sunshine.

After only one week, on our way to pick up Tony from LAX, Helena (after surviving a choking incident on the freeway - absolutely so scary!!!) said she wanted to live in California forever. When I asked her why, she said "I love my cousins". Ohhhhhh.... what a sweetie!!! We did spend a lot of time with our cousins while we were there...

 After the baptism on that first Sunday, my dad and I took the kids over to Amber's house to look after the kids so she and Jason could celebrate their 6th anniversary!!! So yes, day #2 I was babysitting! HA! Well, later that week I got an early morning phone call - "Aunt Jennifer... we need you" - basically I ended up looking after Evan and Emilia for the day because their Grammy was unwell. Of course everyone had a great time!!!
 One of the great things about where my parents are currently living is the play space for the kids - there's a park that we can see from their door... plus the grass and footpaths for scootering... plus the pool... plus inside they have wii and TV... good grief... my kids were in absolute kiddie paradise!!! 
 We also spent a bit of time at Matt and Tori's house. They have a pool and dogs - which are major drawcards - but really, the kids just loved being with their older cousins too! 
 Madie got braces while were there. She's really growing up!!!
 Every Friday night, Travis and Trevor play football which means the family gathers to watch, cheer and eat dinner between the two games. We made it to one football night. Unfortunately, the kids and I missed the actual games (one due to mistiming, the other due to meltdowns) but we made it to hang out with the cousins...



And while we were there, Trevor turned 11!!! Oh my goodness! When Tony and I got married 10 years ago, I was so sad to say good-bye to a little 9 month old baby - and here he is - an 11-year-old boy!!! And what a solid boy of good character he is.

We did get to spend quite a bit of time with my cousins... but that will have to wait for another post!


1 comment:

  1. Trevor.....11!!!.....he was the most cutest 9 month old :)

    ReplyDelete