Friday, 6 January 2012

Turangi Wrap Up

 Dad and Lynne left after two nights, so this was the last breakfast for Helena with Grandad... that is until we went to Waiheke for a week!


The day turned out to be a bit rainy and overcast - not much fun for exploring the river and other Turangi outdoorsy areas, so Tony took our folks and Hunter and Dave up to Taupo for the afternoon while Bev nursed her sore knee, Helena napped and I... I baked my first Christmas Cake!!! I know - a few days late, but it was still the season to be jolly and I knew we'd enjoy it while camping!!! YAHOO... it was delicious despite not holding together... next time I'll get it right. The gang returned happy - Hunter with 3 new pairs of shoes and my parents full of meat pies! We had another fun evening together even though we did do a bit of packing.
The next morning - it was raining - AGAIN... so the guys carefully packed the trailer in the carport. Tony was amazing at fitting it all in so well and rain-proofed!

One last photo with the family... and it was good-bye Chocolate Trout (the name of the bach) and hello camp Waimarama!
That is, after another stop in Taupo for meat pies and new dresses for me! Wow, it's a good thing my parents aren't always here otherwise I'd get used to shopping for new clothes! (Which wouldn't fit because I'd have eaten too many pies, right?!) Though the plan is for us to someday buy a house with a 'granny flat' so that my folks can come for a few months at a time! Sounds good to me.
Even with rain and cloud - the drive through the countryside is beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment