Okay, so slight exaggeration, but on an absolutely amazing Saturday afternoon the kids and I loaded the car with two kid-sized bikes and two adult bikes. With our new friend Mrs Juanita along for the scenic beauty (and extra parental eyes as Tony was snowboarding) we were off for a bike riding adventure featuring HELENA and her new (to her) bike!!!
I did mention it was a stunning day, right? Look at this! It's still technically winter!
And she's off... Helena's been riding her bike around the driveway for almost 20 days now... and this was the first time she's been out on the open road, so to speak. We went up to Plimmerton and parked along the shore, then rode along the footpath... all up she probably clocked almost 2-2.5 km on her first ride! Not bad! She did fall off a couple of times but just picked herself back up and carried on like nothing had happened! She's a real trooper!
If you look closely, you may be able to see her special bike riding shoes... a pair of patent leather hand-me-downs from our friend in Taipei.... typically these are the types of shoes I'd reserve for church or other 'special' occasions, but they are just that much too big for her that they actually are the best shoes for riding her bike in - they give her that extra push on the pedals because the bike is still just a bit big for her! Funny, eh!!! And she's wearing a dress... my girl is all girl... all adventure!!!
And she's three... no more peace-loving two fingers... she's three!!!
Did I mention it was a stunning day?!?
And of course, what kind of stunning day at the beach would be fully complete without an ice block and some time to look at the tide pools? Hunter was totally into looking for little sea creatures with Juanita... he's really at a fun age of being interested in stuff like that... I love that! And I love that we've got friends who like to get out and about with us!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment