Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Who would've guessed snow in Wellington??? On Monday 25 July there were real snowflakes fluttering around outside our windows so I sent the kids out to see if they could catch some... Really, not that fair considering it wasn't quite cold enough for the snow to even stick to the grass let alone their warm hands. But you've got to hand it to them for trying!!! And don't shake your head at me like that - if I'd waited for them to put on their jackets and shoes they would've missed the whole thing altogeher! HA! It was wild!

 Helena and Will enjoyed the challenge more than Hunter who was outta there pretty quickly, or should I say back in there... the fire and his lunch were much more important. But look at little Helena - she's my wild at heart girl who's up for any adventure I throw at her.
 See, here it is... well, it looks a bit more like sleet but really, it was fluttering around and flittering by like real snow... much more quiet than the sleet and hail we usually get.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Although it hardly looks cold enough to snow with all that green everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly hard to believe. SNOW! Even better, snow without having to get all geared up with coats, gloves, etc...

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete