Monday, 25 July 2011

Good Old Fashioned Family Fun

I don't think I've fully expressed it here yet, but I LOVE OUR CHURCH!!! Arise Church rocks! On Friday 15 July we put on a Family Carnival for the church family and general community just to start the school holidays off with a bang (and some love)!!! I was asked to be part of the organisational team, so it was even more fun for me to really be part of making it happen. We passed out invitations to some of Hunter's kindy buddies, posted some flyers at the Kindy, then texted heaps of friends to invite them to join us and it was great because three families that we invited came along!!! Unfortunately, Hunter had the flu for most of the week so he was not enjoying it as much as he would've, but thankfully Tony was a huge help and I was able to focus on my area and chatting a bit with the people I knew. What a great way just to offer a fun activity for families. And we do know that God uses these types of interactions to bring people into His Family!!!



 I arrived at the Johnsonville Community Center at 3:30 on the day  and this is what it looked like just two hours before we expected people to arrive. Rachelle has an amazing eye for making big spaces look amazing so I knew it would be ready, but really - just two hours???

 Well by 5:20 people started arriving and the room looked fabulous! Too bad my batteries were low... really, I mean it looked fabulous! There were two bouncy castles, rows of games, craft tables for jewelry making and face-painting, a "prize tent" and even a canteen for dinner (all of this only cost each family $10!!!)... can you guess what I was asked to organize? Come on... give it a guess...

 "The Dairy"

Yes, I was in charge of organizing "the dairy" - the area where kids could purchase lollies, candy floss and popcorn!!! The popcorn of course has some nutritional value... but c'mon!!! Me... in charge of the sugar stand!?!? At first when Rachelle asked I really did feel a bit strange... but then I put aside my personal preferences for the sake of the whole event... but I still think it's funny that I was in charge of the candy stand!!! Maybe next time I'll let them know I'd prefer to organize games...Hilarious!
I was very thankful for my lovely assistants - Bernadette and Lizzy on candy floss and Jessy who jumped in on popcorn duty when Tony left with the kids. What a great night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment