Sunday, 7 August 2016

Winter Wonderland

The Flett's organised a fantastic family weekend away at a lodge near Mt Ruapehu... despite the arctic temperatures in the lodge, there were four family's worth of running around to keep us warm with laughter. We left Wellington on Friday 5 August and made it to the mountain in time for 2 hours of snow sports for those who love it (ie; Tony and Andrew plus the kids). I worked on some reading in the cafe while Amanda chased Madie around the Alpine Meadow. 

We met the Flett's at the Lodge for dinner... by 7:30pm the Stanways and Simkins had arrived, the rooms had been selected and the fire was ablaze! Sometime before too late, the kids were in bed and the parents sat around the fire eating tasty treats and catching up on the year. 




Saturday morning I woke up to the dads in the kitchen cooking a pancake bonanza... and a lot of cute cards celebrating my 44th birthday!!! I got a really special treat - SNOW!!! In fact, there was so much snow the mountain was closed and I spent the day in my pj's lounging around with some of my favourite folks! 

















 On Sunday, the mountain was re-opened so we hurriedly packed our stuff and Tony dropped me off at a cafe in Ohakune so he and the kids could get to the mountain for some fun...


 This was good-bye for a while - I caught a bus from Ohakune to Tauranga for my second installment of BTI Intensives!!!


It was a much shorter bus trip this time... only about 7 hours... but while I was bussing across the country...



the rest of the family was playing in the snow with their friends... 






 On the road again... just about the time I made it to Otumoetai!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment