You know, I really do enjoy this New Zealand school system with the term breaks! It's so refreshing! The last day of Term 3 was Friday 27 September... good-bye school... hello Grandad!!! Hello house maintenance!?!
Sunday 29 September -
After church - for a bit of R&R for Tony who had been taking advantage of the roof repair scaffolding - we took a family walk to the Roxy Cinema to see the movie Planes! Seeing a movie at the Roxy was one of the things on Hunter's list of holiday fun... perfect timing!
The Roxy Cinema is literally a 5 minute walk from our house - so the kids rode scooters & skateboards and brought their stuffed pets and seed snacks for an hour of family entertainment.
Monday 30 September -
We made it out to the Anstiss' newly carpeted house for our traditional school holiday catch up. For some reason I forgot to break out my camera while the kids were all gathered over the morning tea table which turned out to be Auntie Jane's Birthday Tea!!! YAY - glad we were there to celebrate!
On our way home from the Hutt, I contacted another friend who I knew had been sick the day before... we picked up two kids and had a bit of time at the Johnsonville Library to give her some rest time.The kids had such a good time playing together that we ended up staying longer than planned which worked out well for everyone considering. YAY for good friends!!! And YAY for Wellington Libraries!!
Tuesday 1 October -
After a few animal displays we realised it was feeding time... so we had our little sushi picnic in the shade!
The zoo has a few of these funny signs around. Well, I think they're funny!!! Kinda cute but direct!
One of the highlights was the Chimpanzee talk... Helena of course needed to be at the very front of the action.
In the Aussie animal enclosure I couldn't pass up the opportunity to capture these guys in the midst of growth spurts!
Hunter's grown - so much so his shirt's probably seen its last day in the sun.
This was a cool enclosure - the roos were just wandering freely.
We had a fun morning tea with some friends then headed out for another round of KidsStuff Theatre. This time it was "The Emperor's New Clothes". I love that the kids like performances of various kinds...
We'd taken a friend with us and met up with one of Hunter's classmates... a play and a play in the school-ground... a well-balanced day!
Thursday 3 October -
Ooohhh another LIBRARY!!! This time it was Fort-Building at the Kilbirnie Library. I'd invited a few folks and a few met us there. Helena and William really enjoyed the building process...
Well... Helena was more comfortable on the landscaping team...
And while all this fort-building was going on - Hunter and his classmate were occupying a computer playing Lego.com!!! Well, everyone was happy!
Except maybe the librarian pirate who got locked out of the fortress!!!
Friday 4 October -
Phew..all of those activities we decided a pyjama day was necessary! We hung around at home for the majority of the day - no friends - no timelines. The kids were even hesitant to change out of pj's in order to go out to lunch - but when the finally did we enjoyed a late lunch with Grandad at the local Joe's Cook and a walk to the Miramar Library to pick out a few things for the following week! Boy was I glad we had some more holiday time... I was tuckered out!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment