I'm not talking about Helena walking through the Head of School's speech with a cup of water, or her running under the morning tea table, or the way Hunter and Helena shovelled slices and sandwiches into their mouths like ravenous wild boars!!! No - those were not proud moments... but the context in which those very real every day type things happened was - Tony's Graduation Day!!!
After two years of toil, sacrifice and long hours... lots of books, emails, and projects... short sleeps, "sorry, I've got to study", and "Tony's away at school"... Tony received his Executive Masters of Public Administration!!! And so we celebrated him!
School of Government
Look who's proud of Baba!
Both loved the bag pipe band - Helena was doing ballet moves to the music! Unfortunately, this photo doesn't really show the moves so clearly!
The "graduand" and the support staff (we learned something - a person is a "graduand" until the degree is conferred upon them from whence point they become a "graduate")
YAY - my hard-working husband!
The ceremony was in the Michael Fowler Centre where we usually meet for church, so I had to remind the kids that it wasn't a church day and they couldn't just run around like wild things and there weren't going to be any lollies or toys to play with...
though being a forward-thinking parent I did pack some treats and activity books to hold us over through the speeches. I must confess, we only stayed until Tony was called up (thankfully he was number 38 out of a bizzillion) then we hit the town for some sushi and a pigeon chase before meeting up with some dear friends for dinner.
All in all - it was a great day for the Clark family - and the question was asked...
Who's Next?
Congratulations, Tony!!
We are so proud of you!
Maybe the next question is ... What's next? Well done Tony!
ReplyDelete