Friday, 10 June 2011

Sugar and Spice

This little sweetie is such a girl - "Sugar and Spice" -
 and as much as she loves her sweets: lollies, chocolate, muffins, chocolate cake (c'mon, who lets her eat this???) believe me, she's got a bit of spice!



She often helps me in the kitchen and when she's not helping herself to the batter (trust me, I've warned her of the dangers of raw eggs) she's generally pretty helpful. Though lately her stirring technique leaves a bit to be desired...


Yep, flour on the drawer handles, chair, clothes, nose... that was about the end of that project... but I do need to remember that the journey is as important as the destination, eh? 


Playing dress up is a fairly new past-time (besides the continual changing of her own clothes throughout the day - which has been going on for a while now)... She's in her jammies, can't remember if it was morning or post-bath but I came out to find a pretty sizeable mess and her in the Chinese New Year clothes! She loves everything Chinese- cds, books, dvds and sometimes she pretends she's speaking Chinese... it's hilarious!
She's the apple of her daddy's eye... and loves giving him little, medium and big hugs and kisses - but her favorite is wrestling on the bed! She's a go-getter and though she gets got most of the time - she does not give up!
Tony picked out this little top for his princess while he was in Korea a couple of weeks ago... she loves the little belt - she's such the fashionista! And lately, I'm seeing more and more of her auntie Sasha in her face...




We go to Mainly Music on Thursdays - she loves to move and sing and dance and eat the morning tea... in fact, she really loves her morning tea! Even at home she'll holler out for it and then we'll sit down with a hot drink, a piece of fruit and most often a home-made granola bar and snuggle with a book or the Winnie the Pooh alphabet log. She's a keen learner - she wants to read, listen and try - though usually all at the same time that I'm trying to talk.
She and Minzhen Jia are true buddies! Most mornings she'll give Minzhen a kiss and hug before she leaves for work and if Helena somehow misses that moment - she cries - loudly! This weekend Minzhen took her out for half the day - just the girls! Of course Helena LOVED this and wow, so did I! It's nice having someone else who truly loves our kids and wants to spend time with them... YAY!
Helena loves all things pink, purple and well, pink...
like her beautiful new jacket. I really must get a picture of the butterfly clasp - I think it's the true reason (besides the overally pinkiness of it) why she chose this one.
Spicy Helena loves to climb and climb and climb...
and climb.
When we play on this junglegym thing, though, she'll often ask me to help her. Most of the time I just stand there talking her through the steps to do it herself. It's one of those kinds of toys that I really don't mind if she plays on or not (she's usually the smallest on it) - so I figure she needs to learn how to do it on her own. It's fun to watch her figure out where and how to move her hands/legs to keep her balance and move her way up the ropes. She gets it right - most of the time.

She's a lot of fun....and I am enjoying this time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment