Sunday, 26 June 2011

Family Fun

We got a new toy... well, I don't think you can call a tow bar a toy, but it does provide opportunities for recreation since we now have a bike rack!!! Yesterday was a surprisingly beautiful 'winter' day in Wellington so we packed up our bikes and headed out to the waterfront for a bit of family fun!

Tony worked hard scrimping and saving his weekly allowance to pitch in for the tow bar - or we could say his savings purchased the bike rack... that sounds like a better case for not buying that coffee that you really crave. Anyway, he's much better at saving his allowance than I am - mine usually gets spent on extra groceries or contributions to gifts or the very occasional coffee for/with a friend. Maybe I need a more tangible goal...

 It was fun to be reunited with our 'market bikes' - and after we wiped off the mold, Helena was perfectly happy taking her spot on the back of the bike while Hunter sped around on his two-wheeler!!! What independence... he absolutely LOVED the ride at his own pace - FAST!

We rode along Oriental Parade

 then turned around and headed back along the waterfront all the way over to Frank Kitts Park...


 The Wellington Waterfront really is a beautiful area... I don't spend much time there, but Tony runs along these paths during his lunch times and occasionally (in the warmer months) eats his lunch anywhere along this scenic row. I haven't really posted too many photos of Wellington, so I hope you enjoy these... and I hope they inspire you to come visit!!!

 We made a pit stop and the kids enjoyed playing in the bubbles almost as much as the muffin and piece of cake we all shared - at least the play lasted longer.

 Here's their favorite slide again... the fantastic fun at Frank Kitts Park!

 I just love slide photos - no matter how you snap them, they're cool because the kids are genuinely having so much fun!!!


After a few turns down the slide, it was time to ride back to the car... and surprisingly Hunter made it all the way without any complaints (it was only about 10 minutes back to the car, but he had been riding about 20 minutes before that). We then dropped Tony off at his office so he could study for the rest of the day. The kids and I did a few other fun things throughout the day, but the bike ride in the morning was a highlight of the month... you can't beat getting outside for family fun!!!


Especially when Tony left the next day for another week in Australia...
 Today after church we did a bit of to-ing and fro-ing around the airport while we waited to say good-bye.

 Looks like to much to-ing and fro-ing for someone...

and in the end, it was my camera and silly photos that kept us entertained while daddy caught a few pre-flight zzzz's.


No comments:

Post a Comment