Within our new budget for the new year I've got funds set aside for "kid's recreation"... even still, I am not one to pay full price for anything if I don't have to, so when I got a text from another mom from church saying a group of them were going to Chipmunks on Friday I dragged my feet. In fact, I dragged my feet until I opened up the Tots to Teens magazine that the Kindy hands out and saw a 2 for 1 coupon for Chipmunks! YAHOO... COUNT US IN!!! I sent out a few texts with the hot tip that a coupon could be found and said we'd come along! I also invited two other moms from Kindy and had them bring along a coupon so they could share too. So on an autumnal Friday morning we picked up Thomas and Yi, then cruised down the block to pick up Prahmod and Sandhya and our 8-seater was filled with fun-loving friends! We met up with some other ARISE moms and kids, but the boys (and Helena) ran around like maniacs with red faces for 2+ hours hardly stopping until the smell of hot kumara wedges and french fries beckoned them to the cafe area for a lunch break. There is something to be said for the convenience of indoor playgrounds - no sunblock, a limited area of observation and toilets readily available. I guess that's why they can charge a premium rate... and I guess that's why they give out 2 for 1 coupons from time to time so people like me will actually come along...

It's a pretty good hike to the top of this blow up slide...
but it's so worth it!!!
Who's that big kid up there....
Oh... it's Fiona!!! She's a wonderful Life Group leader and Care Pastor here in this area... she and her husband were here way back when we were too so it's been fun to get to know her again... she's a kick!
Contemplative or constipated? Either way, it was the only time she stood still... she was up and down that huge slide at half the pace of Hunter but still made it her mission to come down every way possible - head first on her back being her favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment