The October holidays were a treat. The sun was shining for much of it and we enjoyed sticking around home for a change.
On a gorgeous Sunday we hit the Phoenix Family Fun Day after church...
We sold a few old toys to make some space and spread the cheer. In order to set up the train set we had to consult the original... It is somewhat sad to part with special toys but the next family should get a lot more joy from this...
After train play, chicken farming, tag and whatever else they did I took the kids to the library for a change of scenery...
We had three days of soccer camp so we rode bikes over to Kilbirnie...
While the kids played, I had some me time...
We spent a coupe afternoons at the Tye's house enjoying more sun...
I love seeing these kids play together... It's like having little cousins who live nearby!
On Thursday we went up to visit Tai & Osako! We had a blast reconnecting with them and their little dog, Gunter was a highlight!!!
On Friday we joined with Tony's Men's Breakfast for their father/son special edition... While the boys did their thing, Helena & I caught up with Tania Watson... Win-Win!
I took Judah & Josh over to the Anstiss house for a celebration of Jane! It was a full morning of friends and coffee!
Helena's second tooth finally dropped too!
We were ready for a day at home... Hunter is owning the lawn!
Church on Sunday was another day in God's presence.
Week Two started with a big school gala prep... pizza, crafts, movies made for a fun, productive day at home!
Since we'd been home for hours, I did get us out for some movement - I love our neighbourhood!
On Tuesday we made it to Frank's grand opening...
What a dream come true for Frank! Well done buddy.
I took the kids to the Botanical Gardens to catch a glimpse of the tulips...
Hunter learned how to make paper boats so the kids had a sailing race...
By Friday we were just looking for adventure... But it came after dad got home from work...
The fish were swarming along the waters surface but unfortunately they didn't get into our lines...
At least we saw other people catching fish and we were entertained by this little seal...
The grand finale to the holidays was a boys camping trip to Battle Hill on Saturday night! The boys had a blast setting up a tent, cooking on the fire, exploring and doing boy stuff...
While they were away, Helena and I had an Anne of Green Gables marathon!!!
Sunday after church we went back to Battle Hill to collect the tent and have our own adventure in the sun!
And now... For Term Four...






No comments:
Post a Comment