Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Oh My Goodness - I've Skipped A WHOLE Month...

And not just any month - August is Birthday Month!!! 


 Tony was still travelling on my birthday... but that didn't hold me back! I had a lovely lunch with the girls at Kellee's house on the 5th... then Uaeu and Carissa Toelupe came over for dinner and she surprised me with a cake!!! YAY! 



On my actual birthday, I got a knock at the door with a hand delivery - these amazing flowers that Tony had organised! WOW! Enough for two vases!! That evening, the kids and I invited a friend and her daughter to join us for Malaysian dinner at our favourite local hangout, then I had a few friends over for a laid-back evening of my favourite crumble and good conversation... I'd say that was a pretty good way to celebrate my 42 years!


Tony returned from his travels just in time to celebrate the next birthday... the big SIX for our little princess!!!
 As we'd just returned from a major trip and daddy had only just arrived the day before, we didn't do a party for Helena - instead we spent a whole day doing things she loves. Eating pancakes, watching dvds, riding bikes, eating cakes, wearing the Birthday Crown...


 So yes - she is 6!!! I'll have to do another post on her another time!!!

The excitement continues to build as it was Tony's 40th birthday!!! YAHOO!!! Because Arise Conference was the following week (and all of our friends were pre-occupied with planning and prepping for it) we decided to do a party in September... but I couldn't let the actual day pass uncelebrated!!! 

 On Friday night, Dad and I surprised Tony by having the Watson's come meet us for dinner at a delicious Japanese place called Leafee!!! It was such a fun, family night! Thanks, Steve and Chrissy for your outrageous generosity!

 August 23, 2013 we celebrated Tony with a build-your-own-burger night... one year later we celebrated Tony with a build-your-own-bean burger dinner with Dad and little sister, Minzhen!!! A lot has changed over this past year in regards to our eating habits... but it's been good! We played Quelf Jr as a family and laughed the night away!!!
Happy 40th Birthday, Tony!!!


 To keep the birthday momentum flowing we went to lunch with the Anstiss' who were in town too!! YAHOO - more family time!

 Tony is great at extending celebrations... well, maybe it's more me extending celebrations... but hey, that's what "FUN" people do... celebrate!!






No comments:

Post a Comment