Friday, 26 July 2013

School Holidays - Week 2

After that super fun start to the school holidays in the snow... we had some good down home fun back in Wellington over the rest of the holidays! 


On Wednesday I put the kids into a holiday programme at Helena's new gym... it was 4 hours of fun for them and 3.5 hours of quiet, adult time for me!!! Certainly worth every penny!!! I WILL do this again! Helena got into the crazy  hair and face-painting... Hunter enjoyed the people and the gym stuff.

Thursday we laid low - I think we may have seen someone or maybe had pyjama day... but on Friday 19 July we did something that I thought was quite special... we celebrated a 30th birthday in style!!!

Hairy Maclary is a well-known Kiwi character and the author, Lynley Dodd was in our local children's bookshop for a special celebration! 

We got her to autograph a book for us and one for our niece/cousin Emilia (which it happened to be her birthday on the day)...

It was a good thing we got there early... Helena and Hunter are sitting in the very front... and I got a chair! Nice... pays to get there 45 minutes before start time!

Here they are with Hairy!!!

The other special thing about this day was that we rode our bikes to and from... 
did I tell you this is Winter Holidays?!?! WOW - we are having a gorgeous winter... why are we in such a hurry to put in those radiator heaters in the house???? Oh... I remember why...

or do I?!?! 
And have I mentioned how much I LOVE my new neighbourhood!?!? Well... I do!!!
 I am truly grateful!

We've also been enjoying a variety of friends, pools, walks, foods and seismic activities! Yes, we have had quite a few earthquakes over the past week - but praise God we are safe and well! School starts for Hunter on Monday - he's excited... that's a good thing! 

1 comment:

  1. So Awesome! We love Hairy Maclary in this house. What fun!!

    ReplyDelete