Friday, 10 August 2012

Our Lovelies are Learning to Love, Loving to Learn

 Our dear friend Auntie Juanita may have left NZ but she is not forgotten... especially as her package and postcards keep coming as reminders... During our U for United States of America week we received a care package with a book about DC so the kids can see where Daddy will be in September, plus a cool Veggie Tales puzzle and some patriotic toys (that unfortunately broke - oops... not quite age appropriate I guess... I should've held on to them a bit longer). The kids were thrilled to see some of the Capital City... maybe one day we'll all get there! But the funny thing was that Hunter wanted me to read every page of that book... he's so interested in places and book! I love that he loves learning to read and loves learning about places!

 Helena has become a bit more nurturing lately. One afternoon (can you  believe we're eating lunch outside in winter, in Wellington???) she was even trying to feed her baby the magic beans! Thankfully her baby didn't eat too many - I was trying to up Helena's calcium intake naturally so you can see oranges there as well... now we're on an "experiment" to get to the root of her eczema. She's been on a restrictive diet for 3 weeks now... and because she initially cleared up after three days of rice, green veggies, apples, pears, bananas, and chicken, though continues to get little flair-ups I'm really not sure what is causing it. Much prayer and discipline and patience is required - though I love how she is honouring her body (and our requests) and really love how she's been taking good care of her baby!

 Both kids love their 'pets'. One morning I came into their room to find they had created a home for the animals... there were rooms, meeting places and all sorts of space for their friends.
I love how they have tender hearts toward their pets and they are learning to create environments for them - and I especially love how they are working together for this common cause.


The other morning Hunter offered to wash the dishes before we had to go out... Helena decided to join him and the two finished off the dishes while working together! They are too cute. I love how they need to stand on the chairs to reach the sink, but I especially love how they are willing to make space for each other to both be involved!


Hunter armed with his dish-washing utensils and that classic little boy big smile!



Here's another display of Helena's love for her Bitty Baby (which we still need to come up with a proper name for). You'll get a kick out of this video - especially the part when she starts wiggling her shoulders.

So yes, eventually I do want to share our Homeschool adventures but I'm having a hard enough time just to keep this updated... but these two lovelies are loving to learn and they're learning a lot.

1 comment:

  1. love this post jen, and taking a peek at the kids learning. did you ever take a look at that book i mentioned?

    ReplyDelete